Saturday, September 13, 2008

Never Back Down. A truly independent review.

Now I haven't even seen this, and I can tell you it isn't worth it. It is that bad. It is the Karate Kid of MMA. Apart from the cliched themes of guts and determination, characteristic of any sports movie/martial arts movie, there's nothing wrong with it. Too bad that's all there is to it. Hopefully it's going to raise awareness to the sport alteast, so it might have some redeeming value. What I hate about combat sports films, is that they somehow, manage to take all the stupid from sports films (read: everything), and even though they are combat sports films, they don't get even a hint of awesome, from martial arts movies. I mean, seriously, if you want to see real drama, watch sports. If you have any shred of respect for the sport, you could never tolerate, the stupid disregard for real-life rules in those movies. They never bother, to even try, to introduce some plot device, to redeem the inanity of it all. It's not like, someone wouldn't notice a sasquatch playing basketball.
So before you come whining, that I haven't seen the movie, I have already told you. This is a truly independent and ubiased review of the film. Had I seen it, it would've clouded my judgement. So it got out of it pretty easy, huh?

No comments:

 
Best Free Hit Counters
Darling Harbour
Darling Harbour